Regional Profiles; Indicators of Development 2017
The English edition of the study will be available in February 2017.
November 28th2017 11:00 - 12:00 | BTA Pressclub
On Tuesday, November 28th at 11 o’clock the Institute for Market Economics (IME) will present the key findings of this year’s edition of the “Regional Profiles: Indicators of Development” study. The regional profiles are a unique study of the socio-economic conditions and development of the regions in Bulgaria, compiled by the IME for the sixth consecutive year, allowing for the underlining of long-term processes on the regional level.
The English version of the study will be available in December 2017.
This year, the presentation will focus on the following topics:
- Economic development of the regions: which regions grow the fastest and which fail to take part in the economic upturn?
- Labor market: where has the employment rate reached record levels and does this affect demographic processes?
- Education: what are the main predictors for dropping out of school and the quality of education and what is the relationship between the product of education and the labor market?
- Local finance: is there a trend towards an increase in local taxation and does the mechanism for straightening of municipalities work?
The findings will be presented by:
- Dessislava Nikolova, chief economist, IME
- Yavor Aleksiev, economist, IME
- Zornitsa Slavova, economist, IME
- Petar Ganev, senior economist, IME
The complete analyses, data and other materials included in the study will be uploaded on the project’s website.
For more information: Vessela Dobrinova (02/952 62 66, firstname.lastname@example.org)